At Independent Home, our mission is simple. We’re here to help you experience a safe, enjoyable bathing experience by alleviating the stress and heartache associated with mobility problems. Our walk in tubs can get you back to living... Learn More
Senior Bathroom Safety Facts
We’ve helped thousands of seniors and others with limited mobility bathe safely and live independently. We do a lot of research about the needs of our aging population and how they can stay in their homes longer. Here are some facts about senior bathroom safety that we’ve found.
- 10,000-plus Americans are turning 65 years old every day.
- The Center for Disease Control says 1 out of 3 Americans over the age of 65 will have a fall this year.
- The bathroom area is where most of these falls occur.
- Tight spaces, hard floors, wet surfaces and loose mats make bathing a challenge for our aging population.
- Shower doors can move unexpectedly when getting in and out of a bathtub or shower stall.
- Medical bills resulting from falls can be extremely expensive.
- A preventative approach can make a significant difference in a senior’s life.
- Seniors are moving towards accessible bathroom renovations as a viable alternative to Assisted Living facilities.
- The installation of grab bars and ADA compliant toilets helps make the bathroom safer to navigate and helps support balance.
- Walk in tubs have grown in popularity in recent years as an excellent way to bathe safely at home.
If you are a senior or someone with limited mobility who wants to live independently in their home again and bathe safely, contact us to learn more about our walk in tubs. Call 800-373-4322.