Senior Bathroom Safety Facts
We’ve helped thousands of seniors and others with limited mobility bathe safely and live independently. We do a lot of research about the needs of our aging population and how they can stay in their homes longer. Here are some facts about senior bathroom safety that we’ve found.
- 10,000-plus Americans are turning 65 years old every day.
- The Center for Disease Control says 1 out of 3 Americans over the age of 65 will have a fall this year.
- The bathroom area is where most of these falls occur.
- Tight spaces, hard floors, wet surfaces and loose mats make bathing a challenge for our aging population.
- Shower doors can move unexpectedly when getting in and out of a bathtub or shower stall.
- Medical bills resulting from falls can be extremely expensive.
- A preventative approach can make a significant difference in a senior’s life.
- Seniors are moving towards accessible bathroom renovations as a viable alternative to Assisted Living facilities.
- The installation of grab bars and ADA compliant toilets helps make the bathroom safer to navigate and helps support balance.
- Walk in tubs have grown in popularity in recent years as an excellent way to bathe safely at home.
If you are a senior or someone with limited mobility who wants to live independently in their home again and bathe safely, contact us to learn more about our walk in tubs. Call 800-373-4322.